25 Random Things… The BPC Version
Flickr by lilybdcsa
I thought I’d take this “25 Random Things…” meme I’ve been getting from a bunch of my friends and put a BPC twist on it.
- When Chocolate Thunda (my 3-year-old daughter) curses like a sailor (so far it’s just “sh#t” and “f*ck”) I have to hide my face in a pillow or look away because it’s hilarious to me.
- Being called “Dad” or “Daddy” is about the best thing in life I can think of but hearing it 30 times in less than 5 minutes makes me want to pull my hair out… what’s left of it.
- I know all the Top 40 hits because I can’t listen to hip-hop in my car anymore.
- Thing One (my 8-year-old daughter) was being followed by two boys, probably about 10-years-old each, on bikes the end of last summer while the two of us were walking to a movie. I finally asked what they wanted, one got scared and rode away and the other said quickly and loudly to my daughter “You have pretty hair!” Then he high-tailed it. They must have seen the steam coming from my ears. NOT UNTIL SHE’S 21 PUNKS!!!
- I don’t believe in spanking but I raise my voice way too often.
- I hate playdates!
- T-One is smarter (and tougher) than me and C-Thunda is tougher (and smarter) than me.
- I have cried more since I turned 30 years-old than I did in the 30 years prior to that. Having daughters will make you sensitive.
- Sons are so overrated. “Sigh”.
- My stomach aches when they go back to their mom’s on her visitation time.
- I know how to wash, condition, wet-set, braid, cornrow, flatten and curl.
- I wish my daughters liked me as much as they like Blooregard Q. Kazoo.
- Everything I know about parenting I learned from my parents and the Huxtibles! I’ll never forget the episodes when Rudy got her period, when Theo wanted to move out and Heathcliff taught him a finance lesson using monopoly money and when Vanessa brought home Dabness “on a garbage can lid”.
- I never lie to my daughters but I might delay the conversation. I’m not ready to answer “Dad, what’s masturbation?” in the middle of the Transformers movie.
- I always call my fellow dads and ask “What would you do?”
- I saw a woman, who was huge by the way, beat the crap out of her child once and felt like I should confront her and didn’t. I cried later because I felt like a coward.
- I joined the PTA to be informed but I’m feeling like I don’t need to be that informed.
- Family court sucks!! Avoid it at all costs.
- Small children serve as convenient weights. In a pinch I’ll lift them for a quick workout.
- T-One wants me to get married. I’m trying my best to de-program her. I’ve let her watch too many romantic comedies.
- Most of my child having men friends are getting vasectomies. Hmmm.
- C-Thunda still gives me as many kisses as I want but T-One announced she would hold my hand when crossing the street only until she turned 10 years-old, then it’s over. Gather ye rosebuds while ye may.
- I love snowdays because I don’t have to get the girls ready in the morning and can sleep an extra hour.
- The only thing keeping me from having 15 children is money, time, a willing partner and a desire to keep most of my hair. “Daddy, Daddy, Daddy” every other minute 15 times over? I’m happy with my two.
- Being a parent is friggin’ awesome but it’s tough. I personally couldn’t do it (well) without the help of my immediate and extended family. Thanks!